All thirteen episodes from the first series of the British television drama, about the unconventional private investigator and odd-job man Ken Boon (Michael Elphick). In this series, 'Boon' is hired to recover a stolen lion for a group of circus performers, pilot a barge from Birmingham to London, and recover some stolen antiques for an old man.
1. Box 13 Invalided out of the Fire Brigade as a 'smokey', Boon buys a caravan, The Ponderosa, with a vague idea of making a living as a market gardener. Failing miserably and in dire need of cash, he takes his friend Harry up on his suggestion that he should start doing odd jobs for people.
2. Fools Rush In A mysterious stranger arriving at Harry's hotel gives him grief, while Boon has problems of his own when The Ponderosa is repossessed.
3. Answers to the Name of Watson Boon has an encounter with a lion when he is hired by some lion tamers to recover their cat, which has been stolen from them by some animal liberation activists.
4. Grass Widows Trying to collect the money from the estate of a deceased debtor puts Harry in trouble when he falls for the ample charms of the widow.
5. Unto Us Four a Son Boon is hired to step into a domestic situation when a past-it female pop singer hires him to look after her brat of a son, whom she believes her ex-husband is trying to abduct.
6. Glasshouse People Harry has his hands full with some cheap local criminals smashing his furnishings to get him to pay up for a protection scam. An amnesiac guest just adds to the problems.
7. Northwest Passage to Acock's Green Hired by Errol McLaverty to bring a canal boat from London to Birmingham, Boon plans to take Doreen and turn it into a romantic weekend. What he's not aware of, however, is that they aren't the boat's only residents.
8. Something Old Something New Boon has to contend with a pair of unscrupulous antiques dealers while Harry's attention is diverted by a particularly demanding guest.
9. For Whom the Chimes Toll Boon is hired by an aged ex-army officer to protect his expensive collection of antique clocks. The Major has already received threatening visits and believes that the situation can only get worse.
10. Jack of All Tradesmen Boon is asked to find the Mahoney Brothers by a somewhat shady geezer. Unable to turn down the money, Boon takes the job despite serious misgivings from Doreen.
11. Billy the Kid Boon is roped into babysitting an alcoholic ex-footballer when Harry organises a pro-am charity football match. Keeping Billy dry and straight is made harder when he is told that if he screws this game up he will never play for another British club again.
12. Grand Expectations Whilst riding along a country lane in the snow, Boon crashes his bike. A bike repair shop allows Boon to do his own repairs, but they didn't reckon on him running away with the lady of the house.
13. Full Circle Harry's new carpet goes up in flames when the warehouse it's stored in is burned to the ground. Everyone suspects arson but they can prove nothing, though that doesn't stop Boon from trailing the suspected arsonist.