A continuing hit with viewers on its first appearance in 1970, 'Father, Dear Father' regularly topped the ITV ratings during its six year run. Patrick Cargill plays a divorced thriller writer, Patrick Glover, who finds himself responsible for the welfare and upbringing of his irrepressible teenage daughters Anna and Karen. The two lively dolly-birds are always up to something, and their lively exploits cause Patrick many a difficult and embarrassing moment. He's sometimes driven almost to distraction by their constant teasing and, to him, shockingly modern outlook on love, sex and marriage. Helping Patrick keep Anna and Karen in order is the patient and much put-upon housekeeper, Nanny, but the real power in the household is the family's splendid St. Bernard dog, H.G. Wells. This complete seventh series of 'Father, Dear Father', also guest-stars Tony Britton, Hugh Paddick, Richard O'Sullivan, Roy Kinnear and Richard Wattis.
1. Flat Spin Anna and Timothy set about looking for a flat.
2. Home and Away Bill goes away for a boring weekend but gets into a scrape.
3. It's in the Book Timothy finds himself getting not quite the push he anticipated.
4. The Right Hand Man Patrick says it can be done with a hairpin -Timothy says it can't.
5. Pop Around the Clock Karen's clumsy boyfriend, Howard, knocks over a flowerpot.
6. In All Directions Where will the Glover family spend their annual holiday?