A dim light picks out the outlines of the hall. Suddenly a massive shadow appears who moves swiftly over to the keyboard, the only brightly lit surface to stand out from the large coffin-like box in the centre of the stage. There follows the vaguest of unsmiling acknowledgements in the general direction of the audience, and then the music begins. Throughout the next two hours, this music will keep its listeners enthralled with its extraordinary intensity as the audience senses the formidable physical, pianistic, musical and emotional presence of this most private of present-day pianists, Grigory Sokolov.
Tracklisting: - Ludwig Van Beethoven - Sonata in e Major, Op. 14 No. 1, Sonata in G Major, Op. 14 No. 2
- Sonata in d Major, Op. 28 "pastoral"
- Komitas - Six Dances for Piano
- Sergei Prokofiev - Sonata in b Flat Major, Op.83
- Frederic Chopin - in C Sharp Minor, Op. 63 No. 3, in f Minor Op. 68 No. 4
- Francois Couperin - or Les Maillotins
- Johann Sebastian Bach - Prelude in b Minor (after Bwv 855a)