A continuing hit with viewers on its first appearance in 1970, 'Father, Dear Father' regularly topped the ITV ratings during its six year run. Patrick Cargill plays a divorced thriller writer, Patrick Glover, who finds himself responsible for the welfare and upbringing of his irrepressible teenage daughters Anna and Karen. The two flighty dolly-birds are always up to something, and their lively exploits cause Patrick many a difficult and embarrassing moment. He's sometimes driven almost to distraction by their constant teasing and, to him, shockingly modern outlook on love, sex and marriage. Helping Patrick keep Anna and Karen in order is the patient and much put-upon housekeeper, Nanny, but the real power in the household is the family's splendid St Bernard dog, H G Wells. This complete third series of 'Father, Dear Father' also guest stars Beryl Reid, Dandy Nichols and Richard Wattis.
1. This is Your Wife Patrick goes into shock when first his ex-wife turns up and then his mother!
2. One Dog and His Man When H.G. went and ate the murderer on page 90, Patrick acted.
3. It's Never Too Late Patrick's mother started it all by remarking that it wasn't too late.
4. Nobody's Indispensable Nanny is faced with a problem when Mr. Bolton offers her a life of bliss.
5. The Suitable Suitor A member of a pop group isn't Patrick's idea of an ideal boyfriend for Anna.
6. A Man About the House Patrick is hardly out of the front door before something strange happens.