A collection of classic Laurel & Hardy shorts based around the theme of blackmail - actual or implied! In one of the team's best shorts, 'Chickens Come Home', Ollie is a candidate for Mayor whose campaign is endangered by the reappearance of a girl from his past. Alongside the familiar version of this film is its feature-length Spanish equivalent 'Politiquerias', with L&H speaking their own foreign dialogue, plus the early silent short, 'Love Em And Weep', on which it was based. Another early silent, 'Sugar Daddies', provides a variant on the idea (plus the same climactic gag!), while in the sound short 'Come Clean', regular foil Mae Busch - the blackmailer in 'Love Em And Weep' and its remake - is once again demanding money from Stan and Ollie. In the classic silent 'Early To Bed', Ollie has money to spare - and this time it's Stan who learns the power of blackmail!
Featuring: - Chickens Come Home (b/w)
- Chickens Come Home (colourised)
- Politiquerias (Chickens Come Home in an Extended Spanish-language Edition, With Laurel & Hardy Speaking Their Own Spanish Dialogue)
- Come Clean (b/w)
- Love 'em and Weep (b/w, Silent With Music)
- Sugar Daddies (b/w, Silent With Music)
- Early to Bed (b/w, Silent With Music)