The Nat King cole show premiered on November 5, 1956 when the National Broadcasting Company made a radical decision to feature the popular entertainer in his own weekly variety show. It was the first time an African-American had starred in a primetime series and Nat's historic breakthrough opened the doors for many future artists. Some of the greatest names in show business would appear as quests on the series.
When I fall in love: The One And Only Nat King Cole includes exclusive interviews with Cole family members: his wife, Maria; Nat's youngest brother, musician Freddy Cole; and daughters Natalie, Casey and Timolin. Bob Henry, the producer - director of the original series, is also on board to share insightful comments.
This programme celebrates Nat's immense humanity and incompatible talent. Fans, both past and present, will be amazed and gratified by these sixty minutes of musical magic. The live performances clearly demonstrates why he ranks as one of the most admired artists of all-time. After all is said and done, he continues to be .... 'The One And Only Nat King Cole'
Tracklisting: - When i Fall in Love - Nat King Cole
- Chicago - Nat King Cole
- Just You, Just Me - Nat King Cole
- Sweet Lorraine - Nat King Cole With the Oscar Peterson Trio
- Somewhere Along the Way - Nat King Cole & Sammy Davis Jr
- Caravan - Nat King Cole
- I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face - Nat King Cole
- I'm in the Mood for Love - Nat King Cole
- Zing Went the Strings of My Heart - Nat King Cole
- Crazy Rhythm - Nat King Cole
- Opus One - Nat King Cole & the Mills Brothers
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Nat King Cole
- Too Close for Comfort - Nat King Cole & Ella Fitzgerald
- Tenderly - Nat King Cole With the Oscar Peterson Trio
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole
- Almost Like Being in Love - Nat King Cole
- Blueberry Hill - Nat King Cole & Billy Preston
- Save the Bones for Henry Jones - Nat King Cole & Johnny Mercer
- The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
- I'm Sitting On Top of the World - Nat King Cole