The 2009 New Year's Concert is the first to be conducted by Daniel Barenboim. As well as an irresistible collection of Viennese delights - including no fewer than six New Year's Concert premieres - the Vienna Philharmonic and Maestro Barenboim launch a year of celebrations marking the bicentenary of the great Austrian composer Joseph Haydn, whose "Farewell'' Symphony provides the perfect finale to a very special New Year from Vienna! Bonus features include specially filmed dance sequences, a musical tour of the houses of Joseph Haydn and breathtaking landscapes of Austria.
Tracklisting: 1. Opening credits
2. Johann Strauss II Ouverture (Eine Nacht in Venedig)
3. Marchen aus dem Orient
6. Rosen aus dem Siiden
8-9. Ouverture - Einzugs-Marsch (Der Zigeunerbaron)
11. Joseph Hellmesberger II - Valse espagnole
12. Johann Strauss I - Zampa-Galopp
13. Johann Strauss II - Alexandrinen-Polka
14. Unter Donner und Blitz
15. Josef Strauss - Spharen-Klange
16. Johann Strauss II - Eljen a Magyar!
17. Joseph Haydin - Finale ("Abschiedssymphonie" - "Farewell" Symphony Symphonie "Les Adieux")
Encores: 18. Johann Strauss II - So angstlich sind wir nicht!
19. Neujahrsgrub (New Year's Address)
20. Johann Strauss II - By the Beautiful, Blue Danube (featuring pupils from the Ballet School of the Vienna State Opera, choreography by Lukas Gaudernak)
21. Johann Strauss I - Radetzky-Marsch