- General info
The Roman Empire is plunged into bloody chaos when Julius Caesar is assassinated and his power is passed on to his 18-year-old nephew Octavius. With his guardian, former gladiator Tyrannus, Octavius is forced into exile to escape those who wish to sever Caesar's bloodline permanently. Under Tyrannus' tutelage, Octavius prepares to face off against the treacherous Marc Antony and fulfill his destiny as the leader of Rome. Filmed entirely in Italy, "Empire" tells the thrilling story of a hero's rise amidst the greed, blood, and lust of ancient Rome.
- Santiago Cabrera, Vincent Regan, Emily Blunt, James Frain, Jonathan Cake, Graham McTavish, Christopher Egan, Michael Maloney, Fiona Shaw, Michael Byrne, Trudie Styler, Amanda Root, Ian Bartholomew, Clive Riche, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Orla Brady, Michael Culkin, Alan David, Sylvia De Fanti, Fillipo Reda
- John Gray, Kim Manners, Greg Yaitanes
- Nick Gillott, Carrie Henderson, Jacobus Rose, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Tony Jonas, Thomas Wheeler, Chip Johannessen
- Thomas Wheeler
- Thomas Wheeler, Chip Johannessen, William Wheeler, Sara B. Cooper
- Action & Adventure, Classics, TV Action & Adventure, TV Dramas, TV Military & War Dramas, TV Political
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 257 minutes
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
- Disc 1:
- This disc includes the following episodes:
- Disc 2:
- This disc includes the following scenes:
4. The Hunt
5. Fortune's Fool
6. The Lost Legion
Rent other films like Rome: Blood and Sand
Found in these customers lists
Decent-enough 6-parter. A bit B-movie - Italian co-production
- Rome: Blood and Sand review by PV
This is decent enough - just one series of 6 parts.
I preferred the HBO 'Rome' drama from 2007 which was on BBC2 - I think more classy with a higher budget. Sometimes this is a bit B-movie, and an Italian co-production.
But watchable and entertaining. Not 100% sure of historical accuracy which is totally different from 'Rome' the BBC2 series.
But anyway, so decent actors and fights - obviously taking a cue from blockbuster movie Gladiator.
4 stars. Just
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.