- General info
An amoral French girl and her playboy father discover the dark side of passion in this sizzling 1958 adaptation of Francoise Sagan's notorious bestseller. Jean Seberg is Cecile, the spoiled 17-year-old daughter of Raymond , a wealthy Parisian widower vacationing in a sumptuous villa on the French Riviera. Their shallow, pleasure seeking existence is threatened when Raymond decides to marry Cecile's strait-laced godmother, Anne, who disapproves of the teenager's steamy summer affair with Philippe. T o keep her carefree world from being shattered, Cecile plots to drive Anne away. But it's "Goodbye Happiness" and "Bonjour Tristesse" when the plan takes an unexpected turn.
- Jean Seberg, David Niven, Deborah Kerr, Mylène Demongeot, Geoffrey Horne, Juliette Gréco, Walter Chiari, Martita Hunt, Roland Culver, Jean Kent, David Oxley, Elga Andersen, Jeremy Burnham, Eveline Eyfel
- Otto Preminger
- Françoise Sagan, Arthur Laurents
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 90 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono, French Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono, German Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono, Italian Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono, Spanish Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono
- Arabic, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.40:1
More like Bonjour Tristesse
Found in these customers lists
Less of the scandal.
- Bonjour Tristesse review by RhysH
Francoise Sagan's novel was described as scandalous but this 1958 film version directed by Otto Preminger takes the edge off the scandal and ends up as something rather shallow. Tired dialogue and clichéd performances.
David Niven plays David Niven and Jean Seberg looks lovely.
3 out of 3 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.