- General info
Story of fathers and sons, wars and peace, and the turbulent time that changed America forever. It's 1969 in a small Alabama town, and the death of a quirky clan's long estranged wife and mother bring together two very different families for the funeral. But do the scars of the past hide differences that will tear them apart or expose truths that could lead to the most unexpected collisions of all?
- Tippi Hedren, Kevin Bacon, Ray Stevenson, Robert Duvall, John Hurt, Billy Bob Thornton, Robert Patrick, Frances O'Connor, Katherine LaNasa, Marshall Allman, Shawnee Smith, John Patrick Amedori, Ron White, Irma P. Hall, Carissa Capobianco, Karli Barnett, Wester Joseph, Melody Smith, John Paul Shellnutt, Donnie Fritts
- Billy Bob Thornton
- Geyer Kosinski, Alexander Rodnyansky
- Billy Bob Thornton, Tom Epperson
- Anchor Bay Entertainment UK
- Comedy, Drama
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 117 minutes
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.35:1
Rent other films like Jayne Mansfield's Car
Modern American cinema at its best.
- Jayne Mansfield's Car review by DW
Brilliant, bloody brilliant!
Stay focused from the start if you want to work out who is who: initially it's a bit confusing. Not to worry because one character gives full details a bit later on at which point it all drops into place.
All the ingredients were there for a major piece of entertainment: a credible story line, humour, sadness, ruined lives, a great team of supporting actors, a poignant ending plus Robert Duvall & Billy Bob Thornton turning out superb performances. They are two giants in this film though they are only briefly share the limelight in one-to-one scenes.
In a couple of scenes there is some pretty dodgy body "make up" but I'd still score this film 99 out of a 100.
2 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.