- General info
Sid James stars as the notorious outlaw Dick Turpin (more commonly referred to as Big Dick): the kindly rogue who is running rings around King George's Bow Street Runners. Can the half-witted Captain Desmond Fancey (Kenneth Williams), Sir Roger Daley (Bernard Bresslaw) and Sergeant Jock Strapp (Jack Douglas) succeed in bringing the wily highwayman to justice? The Carry On gang are having a ball in merrie olde England and everyone is invited.
- Kenneth Williams, Sidney James, Barbara Windsor, Hattie Jacques, Bernard Bresslaw, Joan Sims, Kenneth Connor, Peter Butterworth, Jack Douglas, Patsy Rowlands, Bill Maynard, Margaret Nolan, John Clive, David Lodge, Marianne Stone, Laraine Humphrys, Linda Hooks, Penny Irving, Eva Reuber-Staier, Larry Taylor
- Gerald Thomas
- Talbot Rothwell, Lawrie Wyman
- British Films, Action & Adventure, Comedy
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 86 minutes
- English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Full Screen 1.33:1 / 4:3
- Audio commentary by Jack Douglas
- Carry on laughing: The case of the coughing Parrot
- Theatrical trailer
- Stills gallery
- Film trivia notes
Rent other films like Carry on Dick
How comedy has changed.
- Carry on Dick review by JD
I am old enough to remember most of the Carry On films when they first appeared. They were risque, but quintessentially British with all the usual double-entendres. Like Panto but ruder. I thought it would be fun to see some again. If you are of an age when you are feeling nostalgic about Carry On, leave it as a distant memory. If you are not, prepare to be amazed at what people used to laugh at 40 years ago
0 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.