Consultant surgeon Sheila Sabatini rules her operating theatre with a sharp tongue and a withering sense of humour. Her dedication and determination to succeed in a male-dominated world make her a force to be reckoned with, and her colleagues at the Gillies Hospital have learned the hard way not to mess with her! Sheila's intimidating manner may hide a soft centre, but only those who dare to get close enough discover that; they include Deputy Unit Manager and best friend, Joyce, and anaesthetist Jonathan Haslam, a man brave enough to pursue a romantic relationship with the spiky Mrs. Sabatini...Nichola McAuliffe gives a memorable performance as Sheila Sabatini, with Duncan Preston starring alongside her as Jonathan Haslam. 'Surgical Spirit' was a huge success with the viewing public, running for seven series between 1989 and 1995. This seventh and final series was originally screened in 1995.
1. Driving It Home Sheila's son, Daniel, is shadowing her for six weeks - and being treated appallingly.
2. Rhyme or Reason Sheila and Haslam fight over the phone bill, and Copeland has his poetry published.
3. All Pull Together Hope-Wynne loses his wife but gains a glamorous new housekeeper.
4. The Silence of the Haslams Sheila is taken off an operation on pop star Morgana after receiving death threats.
5. The Walkout Copeland, accused of sexual harassment, goes to absurd lengths to prove his innocence.
6. Kicking Against the Pricks Patching goes part-time, and a patient insists on having his operation under acupuncture.
7. Administrator of the Year Joyce's bid for 'Administrator of the Year' is hampered by plans for Patching's office.