Love Hurts charts the everyday life, loves and pains of an "odd couple". As the mismatched pair try to figure out how to have a relationship that doesn't hurt, they discover that love isn't always quite that simple.
1. Strictly Business Six months after Tessa Piggott (Zoe Wanamaker) walked away from her lover, Frank Carver (Adam Faith), the offer of a challenging new job at a charitable foundation proves an unexpected means for them to be together again: a strictly business relationship, of course.
2. Cold Comfort Out in Russia, Tessa is charting Frank's progress with the first Baumblatt Foundation project with his attractive Russian colleague, Marisha (Joanna Kanska).
3. The Max Factor Tessa wants to discuss their relationship, but Frank for his part, is avoiding the issue.
4. Your Money or Your Life A trip to Russia to check out a Baumblatt Foundation fast food project throws Frank and Tessa together in a way they could never have anticipated.
5. Band of Gold After the euphoria of Russia, Frank and Tessa return to England back to the realities married life.
6. Face the Music A Baumblatt Foundation trip to Bulgaria causes a seemingly irreparable rift between Frank and Tessa whereas Diane's (Jane Lapotaire) work for the Foundation proves unexpectedly romantic.
7. If the Cap Fits Frank and Tessa are planning for the future, Diane is organising Jonathan's Bar Mitzvah and Max (Tony Selby) is in deep trouble.
8. Just a Bit of Business Russian oil causes troubled waters in Frank and Tessa's working relationship.
9. For a Few Dollars More Tessa's urgent visit to Moscow to rescue a Baumblatt Foundation project turns out to be a mission to save children in need with Frank's help.
10. Love for Sale Frank and Tessa play parents when some Russian orphans come to stay on a farm in England as part of a Baumblatt Foundation project.