- General info
Anthony Quinn stars as Inuk, an Eskimo whose daily routine is a constant struggle to survive in one of the most hostile and hauntingly beautiful of climates. As Inuk's family grows in number, white trappers with new weaponry begin to encroach on Inuit land. When the clash of cultures results in the accidental death of a missionary, Inuk must use all his skills to keep one step ahead of the two Mounties determined to bring the killer to justice.
- Anthony Quinn, Yôko Tani, Carlo Giustini, Peter O'Toole, Marie Yang, Marco Guglielmi, Kaida Horiuchi, Lee Montague, Andy Ho, Yvonne Shima, Anthony Chinn, Francis De Wolff, Michael Chow, Ed Devereaux, Nicholas Stuart, Anna May Wong, Robert Rietty, Nikki Van der Zyl
- Nicholas Ray
- Maleno Malenotti
- Voiced By:
- Robert Rietty, Nikki Van der Zyl
- Hans Ruesch, Franco Solinas, Baccio Bandini, Nicholas Ray
- Top of the World
- British Films, Action & Adventure, Classics, Drama
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 107 minutes
- English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Full Screen 1.33:1 / 4:3
Rent other films like The Savage Innocents
Plain and simple
- The Savage Innocents review by JD
This 1959 film is pretty low budget by current standards and the action is plain and simple. The comparison of Eskimo with Western culture is done sensitively and objectively. The acting is a little bit theatrical with a feeling reminiscent of Saturday morning sci-fi. I enjoyed the film for its photography and portrayal of Arctic life but at the expense of the shock of seeing a young, pre-alcohol O'Toole.
0 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.