Nicholas Ball plays James Hazell, a struggling private detective, in the complete first series of this television crime drama, set against the gritty backdrop of 1970's London. Co-created by Terry Venables.
1. Hazell Plays Solomon Hazell is hired by the Abreys to follow their daughter, but it doesn't take long for him to believe that it isn't their daughter after all.
2. Hazell Pays a Debt Keith O'Rourke has just been released from prison and is intent on evening the score with the person who put him there - James Hazell.
3. Hazell and the Walking Blur A Scotsman hires Hazell to discover how he woke up from a drunken bender with £1.000 of someone else's money in his pocket.
4. Hazell Settles the Accounts Hazell is on trail of a dodgy accountant, but he hadn't reckoned on dealing with a bunch of vicious thugs running a 'protection' scam.
5. Hazell Meets the First Eleven Hazell cruises the upper strata of society as he delves into the background of a financial genius.
6. Hazell and the Rubber-Heel Brigade Hazell's previous life as a policeman comes back to haunt him when he is accused of taking bribes whilst still on the force.
7. Hazell Goes to the Dogs Hazell is hired by a suspicious wife to investigate the suspected infidelity of her bookmaker husband.
8. Hazell and the Weekend Man Hazell is hired by a mate to follow one of his mum's lodgers. Expecting an easy job, Hazell is more than surprised when the man vanishes into thin air.
9. Hazell Works for Nothing It's a bad day for Hazell when he finds himself pursued by the police - and he has no idea why they should want him.
10. Hazell and the Maltese Vulture A simple job of background research into a company executive turns nasty for Hazell when a dead body turns up,