Irene Jacob is utterly captivating in the twin roles of Veronique and Weronika, two young women leading totally separate lives in France and in Poland, yet each strangely aware of the other's presence. Despite their different backgrounds, the two share not only many of the same likes, foibles and prodigious musical talents, but also the same wisdom, inspiring one to unconsciously avoid making the same mistakes in life as the other.
One of Kieslowski's best movies
- The Double Life Of Veronique review by Ann
(2) of (4) members found this review helpful.
You rated this film: 5
If you have been lucky enough to experience and enjoy some of the other films of Krzysztof Kieslowski then you simply cannot miss this movie - for me this film is better than his three colours trilogy and as some people will be aware those films are very highly rated by many - this director is able to capture the essence of humanity on screen better than any other
Short films: 'The Musicians' (1958) / 'Factory' (1970) / 'Hospital' (1976) / 'Railway Station' (1980)
This disc includes the main feature.
This disc includes the following:
- Conversation with Kieslowski
- Interview with Irene Jacob
- Kieslowski, Polish Filmmaker's documentary
- Short films: 'The Musicians'(1958), 'Factory' (1970), 'Hospital' (1976), 'Railway Station' (1980)