- General info
German-occupied Norway 1942: physics professor Dr Pederson (Kirk Douglas) and underground leader Straud (Richard Harris) must convince British Intelligence that the Nazis are planning to build the A-bomb. The Norse Hydro Plant at Telemark is central to enemy strategy and the Allies decide to send in a task force to destroy it.
- Kirk Douglas, Richard Harris, Ulla Jacobsson, Michael Redgrave, David Weston, Sebastian Breaks, John Golightly, Alan Howard, Patrick Jordan, William Marlowe, Brook Williams, Roy Dotrice, Anton Diffring, Ralph Michael, Eric Porter, Wolf Frees, Karel Stepanek, Gerard Heinz, Victor Beaumont, George Murcell
- Anthony Mann
- Ivan Moffat, Ben Barzman
- ITV Global Entertaiment Ltd
- Action & Adventure
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 125 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono
- English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
- Interview with Anthony Mann (director)
- Kirk Douglas
- Richard Harris
- Ulla Jacobsson
- On location report
More like Heroes of Telemark
A great piece of history, but a poor film .....
- Heroes of Telemark review by Lee
Having just read a brilliant history book on the real story behind the extraction of heavy water at Vemork, I wanted to watch this film to see the story brought to life on screen, and also to see some of the actual landscape in which the events took place. I was completely disappointed at the way the story had been changed, the historical military facts completely distorted, and the acting really poor !!! My advice would be not to watch this film, but instead to read the book by Neal Bascomb entitled 'The Winter Fortress'.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.