In November 2013 Lang Lang and internationally acclaimed choreographer Stanton Welch teamed up to explore a new collaboration by combining a live piano recital with a live ballet performance. The performances took place at the renowned Théâtre des Champs Elysées in Paris, France over four evenings with 16 dancers of the Houston Ballet, one of the largest and most prestigious ballet companies of the United States. Stanton Welch's choreography is built upon a selection of piano music by Chopin, chosen by Lang Lang because of its visual nature and dance potential.
Tracklisting: - Ballade No.1 in G minor Op.23
- Etude in C-sharp minor Op.25 No.7
- Ballade No.2 in F major Op.38
- Ballade No.4 in F minor Op.52
- Waltz No.1 in E-flat major Op.18 - "Grande Valse Brillante"
- Nocturne in F major Op.15 No.1
- Waltz No.19 in A minor Op. posth.
- Andante spianato Op.22
- Etude in E major Op.10 No.3 "Tristesse"
- Nocturne in E-flat major Op.55 No.2
- Grande Polonaise brillante in E-flat major Op.22
- Nocturne in C-sharp minor Op. posth. No.16