Complete first series of the British television drama, starring John Thaw as Sgt. John Mann, a short-tempered, firm-but-fair British Military Policeman.
1. It's What Comes After Mann encounters hostility from every quarter when he investigates a rape which took place inside an army barracks. Even the victim doesn't want to help him.
2. A Town Called Love Mann's search for a pimp who specialises in blackmailing soldiers leads him to a place the specialises in black market activity. Further investigations lead him to an unconscious woman and a vicious fight.
3. Epitaph for a Sweat Mann finds himself in Aden trying to investigate the vicious beating of an Arab worker. Encountering prejudice at every turn he has to determine whether it was self-defence or systemised brutality.
4. Misfire Mann is asked to make an independent enquiry into the case of a soldier who has confessed to a robbery. Despite the soldier's insistence. Mann is led to believe that he is innocent.
5. Corporal McCann's Private War Mann is sent to Cyprus to investigate a serving soldier who has gone AWOL with three Sterling sub-machine guns and six magazines of ammo.
6. The Orderly Officer New Years Eve - an unpopular and weak willed officer of the 1st Kings Own Lancers is browbeaten by a wily NCO into driving him to a party. On returning to the base, both drunk, they smash into a wall.
7. Night Watch Returning a deserter to a regiment that has recently returned from Borneo, Mann is concerned when he is told that his prisoner's dementia is due to the soldiers being haunted by a ghost.
8. The Boys of B Company Mann finds himself investigating a full-time cadet training unit. In the previous few weeks there has been one attempted suicide whilst another cadet went AWOL after apparently going mad.
9. A Regiment of the Line Passions run high when the Queen's Own Scottish Regiment are billeted in a town in Germany which they had to take by force during the Second World War. Despite friendly overtures, it's not too long before fights start breaking out.
10. The Man They Did A soldier dies of exhaustion on a forced march. His platoon leader believes that this may have been deliberate and. after their own investigation draws a blank. Mann is brought in to start enquirers.
11. A Question of Initiative A German civilian is the victim of a "hit and run" and a car is seen speeding from the scene with soldiers on board. The local Battle insists that no-one was out of barracks night so the local police bring in the SIB.
12. A Place of Refuge What ties together the suicide of an officer and the court martial of another soldier on charges of embezzlement?
13. The Patrol Mann joins a patrol in Borneo to get statements from three soldiers regarding an upcoming appeal. His zeal lands him in trouble, however, when the patrol comes under fire.