- General info
Arthur Bishop (Charles Bronson) is a mob hit man who operates in a world of his own, an uncompromising world where conventional rules of morality don't apply and where one wrong move could cost him his life! He's always worked alone, but as age catches up with him, Bishop takes on a competent and ruthless apprentice (Jan-Michael Vincent) and teaches him everything he knows. Together they become an unmatchable team of globetrotting killers... until the pupil's ruthlessness puts him on a collision course with his teacher!
- Charles Bronson, Jan-Michael Vincent, Keenan Wynn, Jill Ireland, Linda Ridgeway, Frank DeKova, James Davidson, Lindsay Crosby, Steve Cory, Tak Kubota, Patrick O'Moore, Martin Gordon, Celeste Yarnall, Athena Lorde, Alison Rose, Howard Morton, Enzo Fiermonte, Gerald Peters, Steve Vinovich, Robert Jaffe
- Michael Winner
- Irwin Winkler, Robert Chartoff
- Lewis John Carlino
- Action & Adventure, Classics
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 96 minutes
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Danish, Dutch, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, French, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Swedish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
Rent other films like The Mechanic
Bronson is captivating in this complex and effective study of murder as a business
- The Mechanic review by tm
the story is told in an unusually studied manner for a Michael Winner film. Plotted and nuanced in a way that allows the viewer to enjoy the evolving relationship central to the film without dropping the pace or the excitement at any time, delivering a tightly structured and watchable film that wears its age well.
Bronson is majestic in a role perfectly suited to his persona as a brilliant, methodical, ruthless and yet reflective killer.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.