- General info
When grumpy grandpa Roger Hobbs (James Stewart) suggests a quiet vacation to his lovely wife Peggy (Maureen O'Hara), he's thinking of a romantic break for just the two of them. What he gets, however, is something quite different! Before he knows what's happening, Peggy has organised a full family reunion - in the oldest, ugliest and most dangerous beach house ever! Now Roger's life has become a living nightmare as he struggles to cope with delinquent toddlers, TV-obsessed teenagers, a pair of very odd sons-in-law and a young daughter falling for a local heartthrob (Fabian). Returning to work will seem like a dream after this vacation!
- James Stewart, Maureen O'Hara, Fabián, Lauri Peters, Lili Gentle, John Saxon, John McGiver, Marie Wilson, Reginald Gardiner, Valerie Varda, Natalie Trundy, Josh Peine, Michael Burns, Minerva Urecal, Richard Collier
- Henry Koster
- Marvin A. Gluck, Jerry Wald
- Nunnally Johnson, Edward Streeter
- Odeon Entertainment
- Children & Family, Classics, Comedy
1962 Berlinale Silver Bear for Best Actor
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 112 minutes
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.35:1
Rent other films like Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation
Sixties Time Capsule.
- Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation review by Steve Mason
So-so period piece stolen by a cameo by John McGiver as a banking dullard with a fascination for ornithology; particularly in a scene where he teaches James Stewart how to walk... Otherwise, few laughs, but blandly inoffensive typical late Stewart harassed-dad farce.
1 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.