- General info
When ten-year-old Santiago Munez crossed the Mexican border into America, he had two things with him - his football and a ragged picture of the FIFA World Cup. This rags-to-riches story of trial and tribulation, love and loss, tragedy and triumph is the most realistic football movie ever made. From real superstars, to real games in real stadiums, to unprecedented access at Newcastle United, GOAL! will have you out of your chair and on your feet, cheering for the gifted footballer as he makes his way from the barrios of Los Angeles to the majestic fields of St. James' Park.
- Kuno Becker, Alessandro Nivola, Anna Friel, Leonardo Guerra, Tony Plana, Miriam Colon, Jorge Cervera, Herman Chavez, Alfredo Rodríguez, Donald Li, Kate Tomlinson, Jake Johnson, Zachary Johnson, Stephen Dillane, Sean Pertwee, Jonathan Hernandez, Cassandra Bell, Rhydian Jones, Marcel Iures, Christopher Connel
- Danny Cannon
- Voiced By:
- Ernesto Cantu
- Mike Jefferies, Adrian Butchart
- Buena Vista
- British Films, Sports & Sport Films
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 113 minutes
- English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Arabic, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, English, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.40:1
- Behind The Pitch
- The Beauty Of The Game
- Audio Commentary
- Happy Mondays Music Video
- Munez +10
- Golden Moments Of The FIFA World Cup
- 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
- Goal II Trailer
Rent other films like Goal!
- Goal! review by CP Customer
Enjoyable rags to riches football story about a lad from Brazil (via LA) that gets to play for Newcastle. An interesting cameo from Beckham with appearances from Raul, Zidane and the Newcastle first team - even Sven shows up at a party. Stonking soundtrack that'll be greatly appreciated by most people not just the footie crowd. Not really one for non footie fans, but if you're interested or even have a passing interest give this a rent. If you're not a footie fan (shame on you) do yourself a favour and check out the soundtrack album.
2 out of 3 members found this review helpful.
- Goal! review by CP Customer
Not being a footie fan, I was pleasantly surprised by this film which was totally engaging from start to finish. Explores father/son issues and relationships between people who have to work together as part of a team. Basically a rags to riches story with the main character being so likeable that you find yourself cheering him on throughout. A lovely story which will have you grinning from ear to ear and walking away with that "feel good" glow.
1 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
He shoots he scores!
- Goal! review by EJ
This film is exactly what you expect. Entertaining but predictable - you know what's going to happen from the start, but it's well-acted and well-filmed.
An enjoyable bit of fluff, especially appropriate for a Saturday night between seasons when there's no Match of The Day.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.