- General info
In a performance both volatile and graceful, Al Pacino reteams with 'Sea Of Love' director Harold Becker as New York Mayor John Pappas in 'City Hall', a savvy thriller that's the first film ever shot inside the lower Manhattan structure which is ground zero for the city's government. That and other NYC locations provide the vivid settings as an idealistic mayoral aide (John Cusack) follows a trail of subversion and cover-up that may loop back to the man he serves and reveres.
- Al Pacino, John Cusack, Bridget Fonda, Danny Aiello, Martin Landau, David Paymer, Anthony Franciosa, Richard Schiff, Lindsay Duncan, Nestor Serrano, Mel Winkler, Luna Lauren Velez, Chloe Morris, Ian Quinlan, Roberta Peters, Angel David, Larry Romano, Rob LaBelle, Ray Aranha, Jaliyl Lynn
- Harold Becker
- Harold Becker, Ken Lipper, Charles Mulvehill, Edward R. Pressman
- Ken Lipper, Paul Schrader
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 107 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0, French Dolby Digital 2.0, Italian Dolby Digital 2.0
- Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, English, English Hard of Hearing, French, German, Italian, Italian Hard of Hearing, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
More like City Hall
Found in these customers lists
- City Hall review by JD
The filming is good with great shots of New York. The acting is OK though there was a lot of dialogue I had to rewind because I didn't get it first time, possibly an accent problem. The plot was difficult to follow but not that compelling. There are layers of political corruption, well, untrustworthy politicians who would guess it?
2 out of 3 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.