- General info
The timeless story continues with the late Jean de Florette's daughter Manon (Emmanuelle Beart), now grown up into a beautiful and free-spirited young shepherdess on her father's Provence farm. But when she finally learns the tragic truth behind her father's death, Manon plots her revenge on the dim-witted Ugolin (Daniel Auteuil) and the scheming Le Papet (Yves Montand).
- Yves Montand, Emmanuelle Béart, Daniel Auteuil, Hippolyte Girardot, Margarita Lozano, Yvonne Gamy, Ticky Holgado, Jean Bouchaud, Elisabeth Depardieu, Gabriel Bacquier, Armand Meffre, André Dupon, Pierre Nougaro, Jean Maurel, Roger Souza
- Claude Berri
- Claude Berri, Gérard Brach
- Manon des sources
- 20th Century Fox
- France, Drama
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 109 minutes
- French Dolby Digital 2.0
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.35:1
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Rent other films like Manon of the Spring
Found in these customers lists
As good as the First
- Manon of the Spring review by CP Customer
This film is as good as the first in the duo. (Jean de Florette). I was concerned that it may not be as good because Gerard Depardieu did not feature in it as he did in the first, but that turned out to be no so. Although the plot seemed a bit predictable, it did not bother me as the film remained gripping
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Superb, but do watch Jean de Florette first!
- Manon of the Spring review by JC
These are really two parts of the same story. Beautifully filmed, the two together have a timeless quality, something like Shakespeare or Greek tragedy. Tragedy yes, but hugely enjoyable and satisfying in its ultimate conclusion.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.