TV series from the early '80s dealing with stories about the bizarre or supernatural. Linked by the figure of 'The Hitchhiker' (Page Fletcher), a detached observer, who begins and ends each episode with observations about the characters or situations, the stories would often centre on the age-old battle of good versus evil.
1. Last Scene (1986) The chilling story of a movie director who will do anything to get a good performance out of his leading lady.
2. Nightshift (1985) A cruel nurse at a retirement home bullies her patients to suit her whim. She and her boyfriend have it made until a new "patient"prescribes some treatment of his own.
3. The Miracle of Alice Ames (1989) A bogus preacher preys upon the misfortune of homeless women, leading them toward prostitution under the guise of spreading the word of "brotherly love".
4. Ghostwriter (1986) A struggling author fakes his own death. But when his cheating wife and best friend make it real, somebody is dying for revenge.
5. Man's Best Friend (1985) Kicked out by his wife and blaming the world for his troubles, Richard bunks at a friend's beach pad. The stray dog he takes in becomes more than just a pet.
6. W.G.O.D. (1985) Who'll save a radio evangelist from his own sinful past? A telling and timely drama.
7. Homebodies (1987) Two convicts on the lam get more than they bargained for when they break into a model home.
8. Why Are You Here? (1987) A beautiful queen of the night-world may be too much for a TV host to handle.
9. In the Name of Love (1987) A hit woman gets more than she bargained for when she falls for a fitness instructor.