- General info
Robert Redford is Mister Straight. Jane Fonda is his new wife, who dedicates her life to the pursuit of fun. As the ecstasy of the honeymoon gives way to the reality of setting up housekeeping in a five-flight walk-up, the harmony of marriage turns to comical discord. The mother-in-law complains meekly. The middle-aged Lothario upstairs flirts. Joy turns to anguish. There is little doubt that the young people will kiss and make up by the end of the picture, just as there's little doubt that the mother and the neighbour will find each other.
- Robert Redford, Jane Fonda, Charles Boyer, Mildred Natwick, Herb Edelman, Mabel Albertson, Fritz Feld, James Stone, Ted Hartley, Billie Bird, Paul E. Burns, John Indrisano, Doris Roberts
- Gene Saks
- Hal B. Wallis
- Neil Simon
- Classics, Comedy, Romance
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 102 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono, German Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono
- Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
More like Barefoot in the Park
Found in these customers lists
Far from Henry James.
- Barefoot in the Park review by CH
Neil Simon is always diverting. If this one errs on the sentimental side, there is sufficent banter between the newly-weds to carry it along as they contend with a small walk-up apartment which would command a small fortune in contemporary Manhattan. In effect, it is made by Mildred Natwick as Jane Fonda's mother while ever-suave Charles Boyer is an impoverished neighbour who has not lost his sense of style. It all makes one hanker to jpin them in that bottle of ouzo. This is not Washington Square as Henry James knew it.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.