- General info
From three-time Academy Award-winning filmmaker Oliver Stone - whose Platoon took you to the Vietnam battlefront and whose Born On The Fourth Of July took you to the American homefront - comes an acclaimed movie about the fight to survive on both fronts. Tommy Lee Jones and Joan Chen turn in award-caliber performances in the powerful story of a man who fought, a woman who enduredand a love caught up in the explosive wartime upheaval of a land and a people caught between Heaven And Earth.
- Hiep Thi Le, Tommy Lee Jones, Haing S. Ngor, Bussaro Sanruck, Supak Pititam, Joan Chen, Thuan K. Nguyen, Lan Nguyen Calderon, Thuan Le, Dustin Nguyen, Mai Le Ho, Vinh Dang, Khiem Thai, Liem Whatley, Michelle Vynh Le, Tuan Tran, Aron Starrat, Peter Duong, Hieu Van Vu, Phil Neilson
- Oliver Stone
- Le Ly Hayslip, Jay Wurts
- Action & Adventure, Drama
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 135 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 5.1
- Arabic, Bulgarian, English, English Hard of Hearing, Romanian
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.35:1
- Feature-Length Director Commentary By Oliver Stone
- Over 45 Minutes Of Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Oliver Stone
- Interactive Menu
- Scene Access
More like Heaven and Earth
Vietnam War from the 'other side'
- Heaven and Earth review by CP Customer
Oliver Stone’s 1993 Heaven & Earth is the only major American film to depict the Vietnam conflict from ‘the other side,’ marking a shift in interpretation. Capturing a different culture, audiences look at the U.S. troops as foreigners. Moreover, every side is given a degree of responsibility for the tragedy – the Americans, the Viet Cong, South Vietnamese, and the French. Shot with strong colours and grand music, this film matches the quality of Stone's "Platoon" (1986) and "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989).
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.