- General info
Left penniless after their father's death, Elinor and Marianne Dashwood face an uncertain future. They need to marry well if they are to retain their comfortable existence, but as Marianne's impulsive behaviour leaves her open to gossip and innuendo, so does Elinor's sensitivity to social conventions lead her to conceal her own romantic ambitions. With a number of possible suitors — the intelligent and charming Mr. Edward Ferrars, the handsome Mr. John Willoughby and the more thoughtful and compassionate Colonel Brandon - they seem to have their share of options. But are they all they appear and can the sisters find happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love?
- Hattie Morahan, Charity Wakefield, David Morrissey, Janet McTeer, Dan Stevens, Dominic Cooper, Lucy Boynton, Mark Williams, Linda Bassett, Claire Skinner, Rosanna Lavelle, Mark Gatiss, Caroline Hayes, David S. Glover, Daisy Haggard, Anna Madeley, Leo Bill, Morgan Overton, Tim McMullan, Tabitha Wady
- John Alexander
- 2 Entertain
- British Films, Drama, Romance
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 174 minutes
- English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
- Cast and Crew Commentaries
- Interview with Andrew Davies and Anne Pivcevic
- Picture Gallery
Rent other films like Sense and Sensibility
Not as good as the Ang Lee 1995 version
- Sense and Sensibility review by MH
A fine film, but somehow the actors didn't grip me as much as the ones in Ang Lee's version. I mean, have you ever seen finer acting than the scene in which Emma Thompson as Elinor discovers Edward is free and wants to marry her? Amazing.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.