- General info
During a police operation, officers suddenly find themselves before a pool of blood. One not due to any killings, but to a plastic statuette of the Madonna. It's about 20 inches tall, made in China and unceasingly cries tears of human blood. In the attempt to control the impact of the event, the first to come into contact with the statuette are the Prime Minister, the head of the secret services, a haematologist and a priest suffering from sex and gambling addictions. There is no answer to the mystery, but the power of the enigma will turn their lives upside down.
- Guido Caprino, Elena Lietti, Lorenza Indovina, Sergio Albelli, Pia Lanciotti, Alessio Praticò, Irena Goloubeva, Edoardo Natoli, Leonardo Maddalena, Denis Fasolo, Stefano Scandaletti, Alba Rohrwacher, Tommaso Ragno, Sergio Valastro, Javier Cámara, Antonio Zavatteri, Tullio Sorrentino, Silvia Gallerano, Mimma Lovoi, Kerem Can
- Niccolò Ammaniti, Francesco Munzi, Lucio Pellegrini
- Thomas Bourguignon, Lorenzo Gangarossa, Mario Gianani, Lorenzo Mieli
- Niccolò Ammaniti
- Niccolò Ammaniti, Stefano Bises, Giacomo Durzi, Francesca Manieri, Francesca Marciano
- Il Miracolo
- TV Dramas, TV Mysteries
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 386 minutes
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
- Disc 1:
- This disc includes episodes 1 - 4
- Disc 2:
- This disc includes episodes 5 - 8
Rent other films like The Miracle
Modern morality tale
- The Miracle review by BK
This mixes political machinations, modern parenting pitfalls, mafia and pop psychology with Italian scenery to enjoyable effect. The characters are invested with the same emotional values with very few 'goodies and baddies' or signals as to where the plot is going.
The joy is that it doesn't take itself too seriously with a few horror style jumps, and twists along the way. Enjoy!
2 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.