- General info
Following a sudden international crisis, when Chinese commercial vessels are ambushed on the Mekong River, an elite team of narcotic officers are dispatched to the Golden Triangle region, on evidence the attack resulted from a notorious drug cartel operating in the area. Led by Captain Gao Gang (Zhang Hanyu), who partners with intelligence officer and undercover specialist Fang Xinwu (Eddie Peng), this team embarks on a death defying mission to bring the ultimate takedown of a ruthless drug lord.
- Joyce Wenjuan Feng, Baoguo Chen, Xudong Wu, Linkai Wu, Zhan Liguo, Chun Sun, Xianda Liu, Ganesh Acharya, Oak Keerati, Bure Li, Ken Lo, Pawarith Monkolpisit, Carl Ng, Vithaya Pansringarm, Eddie Peng, Ron Weaver, Hanyu Zhang, Jian Zhao
- Dante Lam
- Jianxin Huang, Candy Leung
- Kang Kei Chu, Dante Lam
- Mei Gong he xing dong
- Cine Asia
- Action & Adventure, Drama, Thrillers
- Hong Kong, Action & Adventure, Drama, Thrillers
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 124 minutes
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.39:1
- Behind the Scenes Featurettes
- Poster Gallery
Rent other films like Elite Force: Operation Mekong
- Elite Force: Operation Mekong review by Alphaville
Although filmed on an epic scale, this story of the battle against drugs on the Mekong River is a mess of a movie. Filmed with a scattergun approach to both plotting and cinemaphotography, it’s difficult to follow and, although based on true events, difficult to care about. Action set pieces are ruined by shakycam and rapid editing. A shoot-out in a cave could have been interesting but the footage only lasts a few seconds, which is typical of the film not being able to distinguish between what works and what doesn’t. It’s as if director Dante Lam has been watching too many Paul Greengrass films. It’s real disappointment from him after films such as The Beast Stalker.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.