- General info
It is the Cold War. The world stands on the brink of nuclear catastrophe as tensions simmer between the US and the Soviet Union. When a US bomber is accidentally ordered to drop a nuclear bomb on Moscow, it looks as if the fateful decision for all-out war will be taken by both sides. Having past the point of no return, Colonel Jack Grady (George Clooney) pilots his bomber into Soviet territory, refusing to yield to verbal commands to turn back. The U.S. President (Richard Dreyfuss) and his young interpreter Buck (Noah Wyle) plunge into a crisis of split second decision-making in order to avert disaster.
- Walter Cronkite, Richard Dreyfuss, Noah Wyle, Brian Dennehy, Sam Elliott, James Cromwell, John Diehl, Hank Azaria, Norman Lloyd, Bill Smitrovich, Don Cheadle, George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, Doris Belack, Grant Heslov, Tommy Hinkley, Thom Mathews, Cynthia Ettinger, Will Rothhaar, Rick Cramer
- Stephen Frears
- Voiced By:
- Ilia Volok, Evgeniy Lazarev, John Philbin, Matt Adler, John Vargas, Chris Hendrie
- Eugene Burdick, Harvey Wheeler
- Drama, Thrillers
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 85 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0, English LPCM Stereo
- English, English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.77:1
- B & W
- Interactive Menu
- Scene Access
Rent other films like Fail Safe
Found in these customers lists
Star studded cast
- Fail Safe review by CP Customer
A host of stars join the cast for a brilliant Clooney production, ably directed by Stephen Frears. The camera style is unusual for a film; it feels more like a TV drama or a play and the black and white medium adds to the nostalgia. Set in the cold war era, probably the 60's, it's a story of machine induced error causing a nuclear disaster between USA and the Soviet Union. Tense and thought provoking. The acting is superb; Dreyfuss as the President is outstanding.
1 out of 3 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.