- General info
Prohibition era gangster Roy Earle (Humphrey Bogart) walks out of prison...and into two unfamiliar worlds: the jitterbugging 1940s and the towering majesty of 'High Sierra'. This fast-paced, heist-gone-wrong manhunt movie is also a fascinating study of a man time has passed by. Earle identifies more with the era's homeless Okies than the callow punks he leads on a disastrous hotel robbery. Then the teenager he loves (Joan Leslie) rejects him and only Marie (Ida Lupino), a weary '30s survivor like himself, remains loyal when cops close in.
- Ida Lupino, Humphrey Bogart, Alan Curtis, Arthur Kennedy, Joan Leslie, Henry Hull, Henry Travers, Jerome Cowan, Minna Gombell, Barton MacLane, Elisabeth Risdon, Cornel Wilde, Donald MacBride, Paul Harvey, Isabel Jewell, Willie Best, Spencer Charters, George Meeker, Robert Strange, John Eldredge
- Raoul Walsh
- Hal B. Wallis, Mark Hellinger
- John Huston, W.R. Burnett
- Action & Adventure, Classics, Drama, Thrillers
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 96 minutes
- English, Italian
- Arabic, Dutch, English, English Hard of Hearing, French, German, Italian, Italian Hard of Hearing, Romanian, Spanish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Full Screen 1.37:1
- B & W
- All-New Making-Of Featurette 'Curtains for Roy Earle: The Story of 'High Sierra'
- Theatrical Trailer
Rent other films like High Sierra
Found in these customers lists
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.