- General info
Who says best friends have to be human? Not Willie Morris, who embarks on the adventure of his life with cheeky puppy Skip - the loveable terrier who soon becomes his best friend! Clever Skip helps shy and gawky eight-year old Willie transform his quiet and lonely life in the small town of Yazoo, Mississippi, into a whirlwind of fun and adventure. With Skip's canine help, Willie faces life's bigger challenges and turns bullies into friends, reconciles his friendship with big hero, Dink the soldier and even wins the affections of the prettiest girl in school.
- Frankie Muniz, Kevin Bacon, Diane Lane, Luke Wilson, Bradley Coryell, Daylan Honeycutt, Cody Linley, Caitlin Wachs, Peter Crombie, Clint Howard, Mark Beech, Susan Carol Davis, David Pickens, Lucile Doan Ewing, Nathaniel Lee Jr., Polly Craig, John Stiritz, John M. Sullivan II, Elizabeth Rice, Nate Bynum
- Jay Russell
- Narrated By:
- Harry Connick Jr.
- Willie Morris, Gail Gilchriest
- Children & Family, Drama
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 92 minutes
- Czech, English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, English, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Commentary by Director Jay Russell
- Commentary by Frankie Muniz and animal trainer Mathilde DeCagney
- Deleted Scenes with commentary
Rent other films like My Dog Skip
A great family movie
- My Dog Skip review by CP Customer
The heartfelt story of Willie Morris, a shy, lonely boy growing up in Yazoo, Mississippi during World War Two. On his ninth birthday, and against his fathers wishes, Willie is given a puppy. With the help of his new pet dog 'Skip', Willie makes friends with the local bullies, gets the attention of the prettiest girl in school, and has grows from being a introverted child to a confident young man. This is a classic coming of age tale that has all the elements of a great film, the underdog rises to meet his challenges and overcomes adversity along the way. Good clean fun which will make you laugh, smile, and at times cry.
1 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
Not a bad film
- My Dog Skip review by JD
I do like this movie but when I had seen it first time around I wasn't so sure about it but I soon got into it
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.