- General info
Captain Nathan Brittles (John Wayne) - cavalry veteran and hero - is about to lead his last patrol. The distinguished officer, on the brink of retirement, looks back over a life of war, sacrifice and danger, but he is determined to have one last crack at the enemy.
- John Wayne, Joanne Dru, John Agar, Ben Johnson, Harry Carey Jr., Victor McLaglen, Mildred Natwick, George O'Brien, Arthur Shields, Michael Dugan, Chief John Big Tree, Fred Graham, George Sky Eagle, Tom Tyler, Noble Johnson, Rudy Bowman, Lee Bradley, Paul Fix, Francis Ford, Ray Hyke
- John Ford
- Merian C. Cooper, John Ford
- Narrated By:
- Irving Pichel
- James Warner Bellah, Frank S. Nugent, Laurence Stallings
- Winton Hoch
- Universal Pictures
- Action & Adventure, Classics
1950 Oscar Best Cinematography Color
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 128 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
- English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Full Screen 1.33:1 / 4:3
More like She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Found in these customers lists
What we grew up with
- She Wore a Yellow Ribbon review by AB
This is the epitome of what westerns were like when we were growing up - John Wayne, Indians, cavalry, battles, dust, horses being worked too hard
One of several collaborations between Wayne and John Ford (Director) in the western theme, most of which are regarded as classics, and this one is no different AND with a theme that you can't stop whistling!
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.