Seven episodes from the Central TV drama series focusing on the trials and tribulations of the soldiers and families of the King's Fusiliers.
1. All the Kings Men With a six-month tour of duty behind them, the officers and men of the King's Fusiliers Infantry Regiment look forward to an emotional return to their Midlands' headquarters. But while the Company Commander, Major Tom Cadman, has to deal with a military problem which results in his judgement being called into question, Corporal Tony Wilton has pressing worries of his own - will he get back in time to see the birth of his first child?
2. Fun and Games The stakes are raised in the inter-company manoevres when Major Tom Cadman discovers that the opposing commander has been having an affair with his wife Laura.
3. Dirty Work 'A' Company are stretched to breaking point when they deputise for dustmen in a bitter civilian strike. Company Sergeant Major Chick Henwood, whose brother is a striker, is the victim of a painful dilemma - duty to his men or loyalty to his family?
4. Fighting Spirit When Corporal Wilton, the King's Risiliers top boxer, is knocked out of the team, Garvey and Tucker plan a betting coup. Their scheme is wrecked, however, when Wilton is recalled.
5. Battlefields Veteran explosives expert Sergeant Lewis supervises specialist battle training for 'A' Company and their visitors from the Territorial Army. Meanwhile his oldest friend, Chick Henwood, is falling in love with Lewis's estranged German wife.
6. Loyal to the Corps In a fit of jealous rage, Fusilier Dave Tucker attacks an NCO and is court-martialled. Will he be discharged from the Army, the only family he knows?
7. Flying Colours What does the future hold for the King's Fusiliers? Against a backdrop of uncertainty, Colour Sergeant Anderson's big chance of promotion is jeopardised by large-scale theft from the Company stores.