This is the story of how the British royals have survived the last hundred years of war, fire, and feud: a gripping family saga marked by love, betrayal, divorce, murder and power struggles.
1. Adapt or Die This episode reveals fresh insights into how George V rescued the monarchy by dumping his family's German roots, and explores the Edward VIII abdication crisis.
2. Love and Duty In 1947, as Britain suffers from crippling post-war austerity and the worst winter on record, a lovesick Princess Elizabeth and her ailing father, George VI, visit South Africa on a fraught royal tour.
3. Enter the Outsider This episode reveals how Prince Philip was the Windsors' most radical moderniser, and how in the 1960s he harnessed the medium of television to revamp the royals' public image.
4. Shadow of a King Prince Charles tries to avoid replicating Edward VIII's romantic mistakes, while Lord Mountbatten acts as Charles' kingmaker and matchmaker.
5. Fire, Feud and Fury This episode examines the huge challenge that Diana's popularity and tragic death posed to the royal family.
6. The Top Job Prince Charles is the most outspoken heir to the throne in the Windsors' history and has promised a radically different vision for the monarchy. But will his reign make or break the Windsor dynasty?