- General info
While in prison, Dodger Lane (Peter Sellers) has planned the perfect robbery. He intends to break out, steal a fortune in diamonds, and then break back into prison without anyone noticing he has been absent. With only a few days left of his sentence, and a perfect alibi - what could possibly go wrong?
- Peter Sellers, David Lodge, Bernard Cribbins, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Maurice Denham, Lionel Jeffries, Irene Handl, Liz Fraser, Beryl Reid, Noel Hood, Myrette Morven, George Woodbridge, Edwin Brown, Cyril Chamberlain, Wallas Eaton, Andrew Downie, William Abney, Thorley Walters, John Wood, Robert James
- Robert Day
- E.M. Smedley-Aston
- Vivian Cox, Alan Hackney, Len Heath, John Warren
- Two Way Stretch
- Momentum Pictures
- British Films, Classics, Comedy
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 87 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Full Screen 1.33:1 / 4:3
- B & W
Rent other films like Two-Way Stretch
Classic 60s British Comedy
- Two-Way Stretch review by GI
This is one of those nostalgic British comedy farce films in the vein of the early Carry Ons with some saucy seaside postcard type humour. The story is essentially a crime caper set in a prison where three hapless criminals plan to escape for one night, steal a haul of diamonds and get back inside before morning giving themselves the perfect alibi. Their plan is thwarted by the arrival of a new chief prison officer who is a strict disciplinarian. If you love these old British comedies and are a fan of the TV series Porridge you'll enjoy this and will clearly see the influence of this film on that iconic comedy show. Peter Sellers (who was notoriously difficult on set) plays the leader of the criminals and Lionel Jeffries is the martinet officer, Grout. There's a host of stalwart British comedy actors including Wilfred Hyde White, Maurice Denham, Liz Fraser, Irene Handl, Beryl Reid and Bernard Cribbins and more. This is fun, occasionally a little silly, but if you grew up watching these great British films this will be a joy.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.