- General info
Dora (Montenegro) is a lonely and cynical older woman who spends her days unhappily writing letters for illiterate customers at Rio de Janeiro's Central Station. But things begin to change when she reluctantly befriends a homeless orphan, Josue. When she agrees to help Josue search for the father he's never known, Dora also rediscovers something she'd thought was lost forever: her heart.
- Fernanda Montenegro, Vinícius de Oliveira, Marília Pêra, Soia Lira, Othon Bastos, Otávio Augusto, Stela Freitas, Matheus Nachtergaele, Caio Junqueira, Socorro Nobre, Manoel Gomes, Roberto Andrade, Sheyla Kenia, Malcon Soares, Maria Fernandes, Maria Marlene, Christano Camargo, Jorseba-Sebastiano Oliveira, Andréa Albuquerque, Sidney Antunes
- Walter Salles
- Marcos Bernstein, João Emanuel Carneiro
- Arthur Cohn, Martine De Clermont-Tonnerre
- Central Do Brazil
- Buena Vista
- Children & Family, Drama
1999 BAFTA Best Foreign Film
1998 Berlinale Golden Bear
1998 Berlinale Silver Bear for Best Actress
1998 Berlinale Prize of the Ecumenical Jury
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 106 minutes
- Portuguese Dolby Digital 2.0
- English, English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.35:1
More like Central Station
Found in these customers lists
A touching and welcome respite from City-of-God style portrayals in Brazilian film
- Central Station review by CP Customer
Another great film from Walter Salles, Central Station is extrememly watchable with great chemistry between it's main characters. It follows the search for young Josue's father after the untimely death of his mother, but really works beautifully upon such a simple plot. Recommended.
2 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
Road Movie with a Difference
- Central Station review by CW
This is a film I can return to at various times. A very real "feel good" film fully grounded in reality.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.