- General info
Based on one of the greatest plays of the twentieth century, 'The Crucible' takes place in Massachusetts in 1692. In the small Puritan town, where one's life is dedicated to the service of God, several teenage girls are discovered in the woods and are accused of engaging in 'The Devil's' work. As time goes by the village becomes consumed by cries of witchcraft. One by one, the blameless victims of this mass hysteria are torn from their homes and families.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Winona Ryder, Paul Scofield, Joan Allen, Bruce Davison, Rob Campbell, Jeffrey Jones, Peter Vaughan, Karron Graves, Charlayne Woodard, Frances Conroy, Elizabeth Lawrence, George Gaynes, Mary Pat Gleason, Robert Breuler, Rachael Bella, Ashley Peldon, Tom McDermott, John Griesemer, Michael Gaston
- Nicholas Hytner
- Robert A. Miller, David V. Picker
- Arthur Miller
- 20th Century Fox
1997 BAFTA Best Supporting Actor
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 118 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1, German Dolby Digital 5.1, Italian Dolby Digital 5.1, Polish Voice Over Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
- Danish, Dutch, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
More like The Crucible
Found in these customers lists
Thought provoking drama
- The Crucible review by PC
I have managed to miss this film version so thought I would finally give it a go and I was not disappointed. As a drama, it can sometimes be a bit theatrical, especially in the scenes of hysteria amongst the girls but this a very slight criticism that kept me interested throughout. Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Scofield are great and the portrayal of how reasonable people react to hysteria is very well portrayed.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.