After a badly burned pilot (Ralph Fiennes) is pulled from the wreckage of his plane in the Sahara Desert, he's placed in the care of an army nurse (Juliette Binoche) and identified only as "the English patient". As his memory slowly returns, a passionate and consuming love affair with a married woman (Kristin Scott Thomas) is unveiled, and lives from both the past and the present become inextricably altered.
Master Class With Anthony Minghella – Deleted Scenes
CBC Documentary – The Making of the "English Patient"
About Michael Ondaatje
From Novel to Screenplay – Interviews With the Cast and Crew
The Formidable Saul Zaentz
A Historical Look At The Real Count Almasy
The Work Of Stuart Craig – Production Designer
The Eyes Of Phil Bray – Still Photographer
This disc includes the following:
- Main Feature
- Feature Commentary with Anthony Minghella
- 2nd Feature Commentary with Anthony and others
This disc includes Bonus:
- Master Class With Anthony Minghella – Deleted Scenes
- CBC Documentary – The Making of the "English Patient"
- About Michael Ondaatje
- From Novel to Screenplay – Interviews With the Cast and Crew
- The Formidable Saul Zaentz
- A Historical Look At The Real Count Almasy
- Filmmaker Conversations
- The Work Of Stuart Craig – Production Designer
- The Eyes Of Phil Bray – Still Photographer
English Patient ~ The Desert Beckons
- The English Patient review by CP Customer
This film is one of the most amazing films ever created. Ralph Fiennes and Kristin Scott Thomas are superb in the roles they play as Lazlo Almasy and Katherine Clifton so sensitively and with almost a poignancy that cannot fail to move.
Based on a true character this film explores some of the more beautiful elements that is human nature and the issues that are love and jealousy and such evocative emotions where it can only lead to a path that is destructive!!
This is a must see film and will no doubt always be a classic must see!