- General info
Based on one of the most infamous cases in Welsh maritime history, the film follows two men who are posted to the Smalls Island Lighthouse in 1801 to 'keep the light'. Twenty-five miles from land, Thomas Howell (Michael Jibson) and Thomas Griffith (Mark Lewis Jones) become stranded when a freak storm hits, sending them both on a desperate fight to keep their sanity before their partnership is pushed to breaking point.
- Ian Virgo, Mark Lewis Jones, Michael Jibson, Stephen McDade, Charles Curran, Joshua Richards, Greg Mothersdale, Nathan Sussex, Jason May, Jordan Wallace, Ian Davies, Gerald Tyler, Ben Bennett, David Shillitoe, David Lloyd, Tim Holmes, Dave Constant, Dai Parsons, Jefon Lewis, Steven Jones
- Chris Crow
- David Lloyd
- Paul Bryant, Chris Crow, Michael Jibson
- Soda Pictures
- British Films, Drama, Thrillers
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 98 minutes
- English, English Audio Description
- English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.35:1
- Interviews with Cast Crew
- On Location
- Behind the Scenes
- Alternate Opening Credits
Rent other films like The Lighthouse
Found in these customers lists
- The Lighthouse review by HG
I am fervent believer that when the British make a profoundly captivating film, they beat the Americans hands down. The lighthouse happens to be such a movie.
The Lighthouse, is based on a true story, set in the late 1800’s and revolves around two light keepers.
The two men who don’t particularly have a healthy friendship, become trapped within the lighthouse they are manning, due to a lengthy storm and it’s within this period, the plot begins to unfold. I recommend this film.
2 out of 3 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.