- General info
Try as he might, Cliff Starkey (Paul Kaye) just can't keep out of trouble. In his sleepy home town on the English coast, nothing much inspires him... apart from bowls. Cliff dreams of playing for his country, but has always preferred to play by his own rules much to the disapproval of the stuck up local bowls club. When Rick Schwartz (Vince Vaughn), a slick American sports agent, takes Cliff under his wing, the bad boy of bowls' rock 'n roll attitude and outrageous hero antics soon turn him into a national icon, with hysterical results.
- Paul Kaye, James Cromwell, Alice Evans, Bernard Cribbins, Johnny Vegas, Vince Vaughn, Imelda Staunton, James Fleet, David Ryall, Ian McNeice, Kenneth Cranham, Terry Alderton, Emma Amos, Paul Bentall, Neil Conrich, Pamela Cundell, Josie D'Arby, Mark Dymond, Rosie Ede, Neil Finnighan
- Mel Smith
- Tim Firth
- Comedy, Sports & Sport Films
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 93 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 5.1
- English, English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
- Feature-length audio commentary by director, Mel Smith
- Cast and crew interviews
- TV and radio spots
More like Blackball
- Blackball review by CP Customer
Apart from a couple of moments which made me smile, slightly - note not laugh outloud, 'blackball' was just one massive disappointment. not quirky and british but just a bit hopeless... sorry to say they couldnt make and interesting film from bowls!
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.