The stretch of land separating North and South America is a diverse assembly of countries and culture. While hundreds of ruined cities throughout the jungles of Central and Meso-America reveal the secrets of the ancient Maya, the ruins in Nicaragua reveal more recent atrocities. Through this contrast, shines some of the most naturally beautiful landscapes in the world. Traveller Justine Shapiro starts her journey in Merida,
Mexico, the capital of the Yucatan peninsula, where she takes in the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza and Tulum. She then travels south through Belize to Guatemala. Further south Neil Gibson begins his journey in the Costa Rican capital of San Jose traveling through the Monteverde Cloud Forest before ending his journey in turbulent Nicaragua.
Along the way...
- Dance the night away in a Merengue club.
- Witness a bull fiesta in Liberia.
- Visit a cigar factory in Granada.
- Swim with dolphins at the idyllic beach resort of Placencia.
- Rejoice in the Easter celebrations in Antigua - hailed as the most spectacular in Latin America.