- General info
This controversial and daring film from director Lynne Stopkewich focuses on the simple, yet complex, life of a woman who yearns for more than her humdrum existence offers.
Leila (Molly Parker) is bored. Married and working shifts as a clerk in a dilapidated motel, she is secure but unfulfilled. Craving change and excitement, she agrees to meet with a lonely male guest in the privacy of his room. In spite of the reputation she gets amongst the staff, Leila begins a torrid affair with a regular guest. However, his affections soon take on a more sinister aspect, and Leila's dreams become a terrifying nightmare.
- Molly Parker, Callum Rennie, Katie Keating, Joel Bissonnette, Deanna Milligan, Sarah-Jane Redmond, Norman Armour, Byron Lucas, Michael Shanks, Paul Jarrett, Don S. Davis, Jay Brazeau, Bruno Verdoni, Ingrid Tesch, John R. Taylor
- Lynne Stopkewich
- Michael Okulitch
- Laura Kasischke, Lynne Stopkewich
- Drama, Thrillers
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 89 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0
- DVD Regions:
- Region 0 (All)
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.77:1
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- World Cinema Trailer Reel
More like Suspicious River
Edgy and dark indie drama.
- Suspicious River review by CP Customer
This was a fairly decent indie drama/thriller. Molly Parker was up to her usual high standard and the story though often uncomfortable and bleak was completely absorbing. If your a fan of independent film then this is well worth a rental, and if you enjoy this check out 'The Sweet Hereafter' which is very similar in tone.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.