- General info
1969: Dr Malcolm Sayer (Robin Williams) takes up a post at Bainbridge Hospital, New York. Among his patients, he discovers a group of forgotten survivors of the 1916 Sleeping Sickness epidemic - a virus that turned its victims into living statues. He is particularly drawn to one of these victims, Leonard Lowe (Robert de Niro). With a new experimental drug, Dr Sayer discovers a vital key to awakening in himself long dormant capacities for love and friendship. Inspirational and critically acclaimed "Awakenings" is based on a true and haunting story.
- Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, Julie Kavner, Ruth Nelson, John Heard, Penelope Ann Miller, Alice Drummond, Judith Malina, BArton Heyman, George Martin, Anne Meara, Richard Libertini, Laura Esterman, Dexter Gordon, Jayne Haynes, Le Clanché du Rand, Yusef Bulos, Steven Randazzo, Gloria Harper, Gwyllum Evans
- Penny Marshall
- Oliver Sacks, Steven Zaillian
- Columbia Tristar
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 116 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0, French Dolby Digital 3.0, German Dolby Digital 3.0, Italian Dolby Digital 3.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 3.0
- Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selections
- Behind the Scenes Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
More like Awakenings
Found in these customers lists
Interesting but maybe a bit dated
- Awakenings review by TH
First off this was a film that I have been meaning to watch for a while.
-Acting was great from both Robin and Robert. Also great supporting cast
- interesting and fairly sad look at the lives of those who suffered this disease.
The only negative was it was watchable but I dont think it was one that stood out. Good film but not sure it was a classic for me.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.