All five episodes from the ninth series of the BBC drama created by Jimmy McGovern. Each episode tells a self-contained contemporary story in which the characters have reached a turning point in their lives and are trying to move on.
1. Invisible Happily-married mother of two Rachel is forced to revisit her tragic childhood when her past is reopened.
2. Lost A bereaved woman finds comfort in her local spiritualist church, much to the horror of her sceptical son.
3. Two Fat Ladies When Cath wins a big money prize at bingo, she falls out with her mate Debs, leaving their friendship in tatters.
4. Neighbour When their business fails, a couple is forced to downsize, but Michelle is unwilling to get to know her new neighbour.
5. The Registrar A marriage registrar discovers her husband is being unfaithful.
Jimmy McGovern's anthology series has been running since 2009 featuring Britain's top acting and writing talent, telling contemporary stories about people confronting the dilemmas life throws at them.