- General info
Sieger and Marc are part of an all-boys athletics club, training hard for the relay championships. During their lakeside summer days, an innocent friendship develops into something deeper, but coming to terms with these new emotions is a hurdle they have to overcome. At first, Sieger denies his attraction to Marc. But then, they kiss...
- Gijs Blom, Ko Zandvliet, Jonas Smulders, Ton Kas, Stijn Taverne, Myron Wouts, Ferdi Stofmeel, Lotte Razoux Schultz, Rachelle Verdel, Julia Akkermans, Jeffrey Hamilton, Rifka Lodeizen, Micha Hulshof, Caroline Olde Rikkert, Roosmarijn van der Hoek
- Mischa Kamp
- Pieter Kuijpers, Iris Otten, Sander van Meurs
- Henk Burger, Jaap-Peter Enderle, Chris Westendorp
- Peccadillo Pictures
- Lesbian & Gay
- Netherlands, Lesbian & Gay
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 76 minutes
- English, English Hard of Hearing
- DVD Regions:
- Region 0 (All)
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.78:1 / 16:9
- Interview with Director and Cast
- Short Film "Even Cowboys Get To Cry" (Directed by Mees Peijnenburg)
Rent other films like Boys
Found in these customers lists
A Beautiful film
- Boys review by SKC
This film is so beautiful and tender. There is no sexist objectification we see in so many gay themed films. There are no porn performers or little gay boys wanting to get into the limelight. We have two beautiful lads who deliver a really tender and touching performance. Beautifully filmed and very stylish.
This film is rated an 18. I cannot begin to think why it should be. There is more chance that Emmerdale should be rated 18 with its constant male objectification, nudity and sexism. But there is none of this and I have approached the BBFC as to why?
A must see for those not seeking cheap thrills.
2 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
- Boys review by MI
The fact that some idiot thinks that this should be a certificate 18 is an example of the bigotry that this film gently tries to address by telling a simple small-town teen love story where the two involved just happen to be young men. Cleverly and beautifully filmed, perfect sound track, excellent acting (the winking father is wonderful) this film will for many tell the story of first love that they themselves could not or cannot have due to prejudice still in existence today.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.