- General info
"The Rifleman" pays stark witness to the horrors and brutality of the First World War, as seen through the eyes of an innocent 17-year-old farm-boy turned soldier. Though he is underage, and his dad, a former marksman, is overage for the army, they are both conscripted into one of Latvia's first national battalions. The thrill of training is soon followed by reality, as shells burst around them in the endless mud. He grows up on the battlefield, fighting at the side of his father and brother, their lives are constantly in jeopardy. Adapted from the book by Aleksandrs Grins, which was-banned in the U.S.S.R., the story was based on Grins' own war experiences in a Latvian battalion.
- Oto Brantevics, Raimonds Celms, Martins Vilsons, Jekabs Reinis, Gatis Gaga, Renars Zeltins, Vilis Daudzins, Greta Trusina, Ieva Florence, Rezija Kalnina, Lauma Balode, Oskars Holsteins, Pjotrs Karpuhins
- Dzintars Dreibergs
- Inga Pranevska, Dzintars Dreibergs
- Boris Frumin, Aleksandrs Grins
- Dveselu putenis / Blizzard of Souls
- Parkland Entertainment
- Action & Adventure, Drama
- Latvia, Action & Adventure, Drama
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 104 minutes
- Dubbed, English, Latvian
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 2.39:1
- Camera on the Battlefield
- Christmas Battles. Victory
Rent other films like The Rifleman
Found in these customers lists
Another Slice of WW1 Horrors
- The Rifleman review by AA
Centred around the attempted take over of Latvia by the army of the Kaiser as it tries to tale control of Latvia and the privations that the country went through to stave off their take over. Interesting from the view point of inter woven stores about specific soldiers and their exploits during the conflict.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £9.99 a month.