- General info
Bette Midler portrays a rock star whose success is laced with so much booze, drugs and hard-living; it eventually causes her downfall. Trapped in a self-created hell, Rose begs her manager (Alan Bates) for time off from her concert tour. When he refuses, she seeks comfort and love in the arms of a handsome drifter (Frederic Forrest), but even he cannot handle her life of excess.
- Bette Midler, Alan Bates, Frederic Forrest, Harry Dean Stanton, Barry Primus, David Keith, Sandra McCabe, Will Hare, Rudy Bond, Don Calfa, James Keane, Doris Roberts, Sandy Ward, Michael Greer, Kenny Sacha, Michael St. Laurent, Sylvester, Pearl Heart, Butch Ellis, Richard Dioguardi
- Mark Rydell
- Bo Goldman, Bill Kerby
- Douglas Williams, Jim Webb, Chris McLaughlin, Kay Rose, Ted Soderberg, Robert L Wolfe, Theodore Soderberg, C. Timothy O'Meara, Paul Wells
- 20th Century Fox
- Drama, Music & Musicals, Romance
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 128 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 4.1
- Croatian, Czech, Danish, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
- Audio commentary by director Mark Rydell
- Theatrical trailer
More like The Rose
Found in these customers lists
Bette does Janis, in the nicest possible way
- The Rose review by NC
Bette has power for sure. Great stage prescence, and can spot Joplin from almost first 10 minutes.
Quite an old film now but still pretty good stuff, and Bette can do the biz.
1 out of 1 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.