- General info
When attorney Frank Calvin (Paul Newman) is given an open-and-shut medical malpractice case that no one thinks he can win, he courageously decides to refuse a settlement from the hospital. Instead he takes the case and the entire legal system as well, to court.
- Paul Newman, Charlotte Rampling, Jack Warden, James Mason, Milo O'Shea, Lindsay Crouse, Edward Binns, Julie Bovasso, Roxanne Hart, James Handy, Wesley Addy, Joe Seneca, Lewis J. Stadlen, Kent Broadhurst, Colin Stinton, Burtt Harris, Scott Rhyne, Susan Benenson, Evelyn Moore, Juanita Fleming
- Sidney Lumet
- David Lawrence Brown, Richard D. Zanuck
- Barry Reed, David Mamet, Jay Presson Allen
- 20th Century Fox
- Release Date:
- Run Time:
- 123 minutes
- English Dolby Digital 2.0
- Croatian, Czech, Danish, English Hard of Hearing, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish
- DVD Regions:
- Region 2
- Aspect Ratio:
- Widescreen 1.85:1
- Audio Commentary by Paul Newman and Others
- Theatrical Trailer
- Behind the Scenes Stills Gallery
- Disc 1:
- This disc includes the main feature
- Disc 2:
- This disc includes the bonus features:
More like The Verdict
Found in these customers lists
Captivating legal drama.
- The Verdict review by Steve
One of Paul Newman's better eighties roles. Typical liberal and sincere Lumet expose of US medicine versus the little guy. Coming your way soon...
2 out of 2 members found this review helpful.
Enjoyable, but a formula subsequently done to death
- The Verdict review by LD
If you were subjected to countless John Grisham films in the 90's you might not need to see this.
Highly rated, certainly at the time, but I can't see anything particularly unique about it now.
0 out of 0 members found this review helpful.
Unlimited films sent to your door, starting at £10.99 a month.